Wednesday, October 14, 2015

HHN ScareZone Anticipation Ranking

Since my last blog post was about my Anticipation Ranking on the houses for HHN 25, I thought I should give my ranking on the scare zones!  All of the scare zones this year look very unique and eerie! I can not wait to visit these wonderfully frightening scare zones!  So without further adieu, let's get started!


                           6:  Clowns with Chainsaws
                           
This scare zone isn't an official scare zone.  All I know about this scare zone is that there are many wandering clowns with chainsaws, which seems pretty freaky to me!  The reason this is number six on the list is because it isn't an official scare zone, and it has no props.

5:Scary Tales- Steampunk

Scary Tales is a scary steampunk twist on the modern day fairy tales, such as Snow White and Cinderella.  I love the idea of this scare zone, but I feel like it just doesn't have that scare factor that I am looking for.  The scare actors look freaky, don't get me wrong, but it just doesn't deliver much fright to me.  It may be much freakier in person though.

4:  Icons-HHN
The eeriest Icons and most horrifying characters from the last last 25 years have returned!
I, being a huge HHN fan, love the idea of bringing back the old icons from the last 25 years!  They each have their own stage to do their own mini performance, where they each do a 'kill' in their own  terrifying way!  This Scare Zone is defiantly a photo-op type scare zone, like last year's Face Off. The fact that it is a photo-op scare zone makes it a lot less scary, because for some reason, seeing the Caretaker taking a selfie with a teenage girl doesn't seem very scary.

3: Psychoscareapy- Unleashed
The insane inmates of Shadybrook Asylum have escaped and stubbled upon a Halloween Block party in the streets of New York.  They quickly decide they would kill for some costumes of their own!
This scare zone looks awesome!  The scare actors acting is perfect and the props are great!  My only issue with this scare zone is that, it just doesn't seem very frightening, but once I am there in person it will most likely be a lot more frightening!

2: Evil's Roots
Your darkest fears will take root strolling along the horrifying paths of Central Park as you face Evil 
Fairies, Humanoid Bats, Scarecrows, and many more horrors!
This scare zone looks amazing! The props are terrifying, the scare actors' acting is perfect, and the special effects are spectacular!  This scare zone is not used as a photo-op like Icons-HHN because it is too foggy.  I like the fact that it is not a photo-op, because photo-op scare zones aren't very scary.
The only reason this is 2nd on my list and not 1st is because I have been told that it is almost too foggy to where you can't even see the props.

1: All Nite Die-In- Double Feature
The Carey Drive-In Movie Theater has been closed for decades after the gruesome murder during a double feature.  Now it's Lights, Camera, Carnage as the theater named Die-In by the locals lives up to its terrifying name.  This is such a creative idea!  I love the scare actors' acting and the props!  My absolute favorite part about this scare zone is that there are two groups for scare actors.  One is for the old horror movies like Frankenstein and the Invisible Man, and the other is for newer horror movies like The Purge, and Chucky.  Now this scare zone can also be used as a photo-op which is a bit disappointing, but aside from that this is the best scare zone of the year!

That was my Anticipation Ranking for 25's scare zones.  Let me know your ranking in the comment section down below!  See you in the next blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment