Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Rumors and Speculation

I have been hearing many rumors about possible HHN houses for HHN 26.  I thought it would be fun to list the different rumored houses and then put in my input about said houses. So, with that being said, let's get started!


                                 The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead
                                         
                              I think I, and many others, agree that The Walking Dead has had it's run.
The Walking Dead had been a house featured in HHN for the past four years and has been one of the most hated houses every year.  I think it is time for The Walking Dead to say goodbye to Halloween         Horror Nights.
                                                                  The Purge
                       
The Purge has kind of become like the Walking Dead; it seems to get worse every year.
In HHN 24 it was used as a scare zone and to this day it is still my favorite scare zone in HHN history, but once it was made into a house it just didn't work.  The Purge needs to be out in the streets not crammed in a house.


                                                        Ash Vs The Evil Dead
                                                  
 
Ash Vs The Evil Dead is a new Star tv series based on the two movies Evil Dead 
and Evil Dead II.  The new series is more of a comedy horror show, rather than a flat out horror show. 
I think this would be a great comedy horror house like Penn & Teller New(kd) Las Vegas 3D.  HHN has had an Evil Dead house before so it would be cool for them to bring it back with Ash Vs The Evil Dead.


                                                Krampus
Krampus is a movie about a Christmas demon who, on Christmas Eve, punishes children who have misbehaved.  The movie did pretty well in the box office and since Legendary is really pushing it out there I am guessing we should see a Krampus house.  I don't know much about Krampus, but I do think it would be a very unique house for HHN 26.

                                    Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Brining back Leatherface would be awesome.
I think it would be very cool to see what the creative department could do with the set design as well as casting the perfect Leatherface scaractors. I love that HHN is bringing back some of their older houses and icons from previous years!  I would love to see them have a Crypt Keeper house one year!


Alfred Hitchcock 
Alfred Hitchcock was an iconic English director who has directed some amazing movies like Psycho.
I think having a Psycho house would be spectacular!  It would dig deep into some of Universal's stomping grounds and would be wonderfully suspenseful and scary!  They didn't call him " The Master of Suspense" for nothing.

American Horror Story
This is an amazing idea for a house!  I would love to see Twisty the clown lurking behind the corners of the houses just waiting to scare you to near death!  The only thing I hope to not happen to this house is that it falls in the lines of The Purge and The Walking Dead.  I don't want to see this theme become overused, but for this year I think it would be a spectacular idea for a house!


HHN Using IOA and US
Every year HHN gets bigger and busier. Universal Studios is only so big.  
I have heard some speculation on HHN expanding to IOA this year which I think would be a tremendous idea!  The crowds wouldn't seem as bad and it would give a lot more potential for some really great scare zones!  This is only a rumor, but this is one rumor that I really hope to be true!


Those were my thoughts on the new rumors for HHN, what are yours?  Let me know in the comment section below!  I will see you in the next blog!











1 comment:

  1. I would love to see a house based on the resort that was the setting of The Shining. However, so much of the fear in that film stems from the sense of remoteness, loneliness. Could that spirit be conveyed in a crowded HHN venue? Probably not.

    ReplyDelete